Download our Customer Charter PDF.
PIAB is a statutory body which provides independent assessment of personal injury compensation for victims of Workplace, Motor and Public Liability accidents.
PIAB is committed to providing an efficient, timely, professional, and courteous service to all our customers in every aspect of our operations. Injuriesboard.ie regards all those with whom it has a service relationship as customers. This Charter sets out the standards of service InjuriesBoard.ie aims to provide to customers.
‘To be the independent facilitator in the delivery of compensation entitlements in a fair, prompt and transparent manner for the benefit of society’.
- Provide clear and accurate information
- Set real and achievable business targets
- Monitor performance against the achievement of targets
- Consult with customers in order to evaluate services provided
- Treat customers equally, fairly and with respect
The Service You Can Expect
- We will provide a LoCall telephone line
- We will answer your call promptly and aims to answer 95% of calls within 40 seconds
- Our staff will be courteous and helpful
- PIAB will provide information and assistance in relation to our process
PIAB will aim at all times to issue statutory notices as required under the PIAB Act 2003 following the making of an Application, as soon as is practicable but allowing for the time required for the preparation and quality checking of the notice concerned.
PIAB can receive written correspondence via several mediums including Post, Document Exchange, E-mail and Fax. If you send us a letter, fax or e-mail, PIAB will endeavour to:
- Respond to correspondence in 4 working days where required. If it is not possible to give a comprehensive reply within 4 working days PIAB will send you an interim reply explaining the position and indicating when you can expect a definitive response
- Include a claims reference, telephone number, fax number and an E-mail address on all correspondence
- Ensure that all replies will be written in a clear, concise and easily understood manner, taking into account the requirements of relevant legislation
PIAB will ensure that it’s website is tailored to meet the needs of customers, is accessible and that any customer who wishes to conduct their business electronically is facilitated in so far as possible to do so. InjuriesBoard.ie follows the guidelines on accessibility set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium).
The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines (WCAG 1.0) that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
All appropriate WAI Priority 1 and Priority 2 criteria of the WAI's web content accessibility guidelines have been applied to the design of our site. PIAB is committed to making it’s website accessible to all people, regardless of ability.
In this regard users are invited to give their feedback and suggestions for improvements. The accessibility and feedback is reviewed on a regular basis.
Services through Irish
PIAB undertakes to make every effort to facilitate customers who wish to conduct business through the Irish Language. In particular PIAB guarantees to:
- Meet commitments under the Official Languages Act 2003 including replies in Irish to correspondence received in Irish;
- Publish an Annual Report and Statement of Strategy in both Irish and English.
Services through Other Languages
PIAB will ensure every effort is made to facilitate customers who wish to conduct business through a variety of languages.
Claimants will have the benefit of access to much information available in languages such as: Russian, Polish, Chinese, and Arabic.
Equality and Diversity
PIAB is committed to ensuring the rights of individuals to equal treatment established by equality legislation are adhered to at all times.
PIAB will endeavour to acknowledge and accommodate the diversity of these groups covered by equality legislation.
PIAB has published a comprehensive Data Protection Code of Practice. This code of practice has been agreed with the Data Protection Commissioner. PIAB continually ensures that individual personal data is only used and kept for the specified and lawful purpose upon which PIAB initially requested that information.
When this information is within PIAB's possession PIAB will endeavour to keep it safe and secure at all times and we will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
PIAB aims to deliver a high standard of service to all customers.
However, if you have any complaints regarding the quality of service which you cannot satisfactorily resolve directly with members of staff, you can make a complaint by writing to PIAB at PO Box 8, Clonakilty, County Cork, P85 YH98 or by E-mail to email@example.com.
Letters or E-mails should be clearly referenced as ‘Complaint/s’ and include information such as:
- A claim reference if applicable
- The date on which a problem arose
- The name of the individual handling matters
- The circumstances giving rise to your complaint
- Any information which may help us deal with the complaint efficiently
- Any/all other information you believe is relevant
All complaints are recorded and acknowledged in writing.
Read the full information on PIAB’s complaints policy.
Help PIAB to help you
In order to help InjuriesBoard.ie to provide the best service it can, please quote PIAB’s reference number in all communications and ensure that application forms are fully, accurately and legibly completed.
PIAB regards feedback as the key to understanding the needs and expectations of customers. PIAB welcomes and encourages you to provide feedback.
PIAB also encourages staff to use their day-to-day contact with customers as a means of gathering feedback on the quality of service provided.
PIAB will evaluate it’s performance in line with the standards described in this Customer Charter and will report on compliance with these standards in it’s Annual Report.
Open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
P.O. Box 8,
Tel: LoCall 1890 829 121
From Northern Ireland 0870 876 8121
Fax: 1890 829122