Data Subject Access Requests
You have the right to access your personal information processed by PIAB, and this page aims to assist you to do that. A request may be made by an individual in writing or verbally. The Data Protection Commission encourages individuals to submit written access requests where practical, to avoid disputes over the details, extent, or timing of an access request. Please see the data subject access request form and details of how to submit it.
Your right to access personal data:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), under Article 15, gives individuals the right to request a copy of any of their personal data as well as other relevant information.
You have the right to obtain the following:
1) Confirmation of whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed.
2) Where personal data concerning you is being processed, a copy of your personal data.
3) Where personal data concerning you is being processed, other additional information as follows:
- Purpose(s) of the processing.
- Categories of personal data.
- Any recipient(s) of the personal data to whom the personal data has or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations and information about appropriate safeguards.
- The retention period or, if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine the retention period
- The existence of the following: Right to rectification; Right to erasure; Right to restrict processing; Right to object; as well as information on how to request these from the controller.
- The right to raise a concern with a supervisory authority (in Ireland this is the Data Protection Commission).
- Where personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source.
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and meaningful information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences of processing.
Data Subject Access Request form:
Please send the form at this link via email to enquiries@PIAB.ie
Or you can print it and send it via post to:
The Data Protection Officer, Michael Kelly, Personal Injuries Assessment Board. Box 8, Clonakilty, Co. Cork. P85 YH98