Fees and Charges
Personal FOI Requests
In most cases there are no fees or charges where the request relates to your own personal records. However the Act does allow that in situations where the request relates to a significant number of records that a charge may be levied having regard to the circumstances of the requester.
Non-Personal FOI Requests
The Freedom of Information Act 2014 provides for a completely new FOI fees regime.
In the case of requests which relate to non-personal information there are charges applied for search, retrieval and copying of records. Section 27 of the Act sets out he elements of search and retrieval which may be charged for. PIAB will notify you at the appropriate time of any fees / deposit due.
Review and Appeal Fees
A charge applies to internal reviews conducted by PIAB and appeals to the Office of the Information Commissioner concerning access to non-personal records. There are reductions for medical card holders. PIAB will notify you at the appropriate time of any fees due.
- The fee for internal review under Section 21 is now €30 (€10 for medical card holders and their dependants)
- The fee for appeals to the Information Commissioner under Section 22 is now €50 (€15 for medical card holders and their dependants)
- €30.00 internal review fee
- €10.00 internal review fee (medical card holders)
- €50.00 appeal to the Information Commissioner
- €10.00 appeal to the Information Commissioner (medical card holders)
- €20.00 per hour for search and retrieval (where that time exceeds 5 hours).
- €0.04 per sheet for a photocopy
- €10.00 for a CD
- €6.00 for X-Ray.