CHANGES TO PIAB APPLICATION PROCESS
From Monday 4th September 2023, changes have been introduced to the application process due to the commencement of new legislative requirements, as set out in the Personal Injuries Resolution Board Act 2022.
Latest PIAB application forms are available on this website.
From September 4th any old versions of the application form that are submitted to us cannot be accepted. Please also note changes in relation to the Solicitors Portal and Online Application form as shown in our news section.
In order for your claim application to be accepted by us as complete, your application will require the following:
- Your full name, date of birth and contact number on the application form. If you do not have a contact number, you can state this on the application form.
- The address at which you ordinarily reside.
- You are required to provide a Personal Public Service Number (PPSN). In cases where a PPSN has never been issued to you, other forms of ID will be accepted in place of a PPSN. These include a valid driving licence, a valid passport and a valid national identity card.
- The name and address of the person (or persons or organisations) who you consider liable for the accident or incident (known as the Respondent). We will accept the respondent insurer’s address in appropriate motor liability claims only.
- The date and time when the alleged accident or incident occurred. In cases where a date range is more appropriate due to the incident occurring over a period of time, a date range will be accepted and in these cases a time will not be applicable. Time ranges will also be provided for on the new application form.
- Details of how and where the accident or incident occurred.
- A description of the personal injuries allegedly sustained detailing the body part(s) and nature of the injury or injuries (fracture, soft tissue etc.)
- Your application will need to be accompanied by a medical report, prepared by a medical practitioner which details the nature of the injuries allegedly sustained.
- Your signature: All applications will need to be signed by you, the claimant, and provide confirmation of all the above information.
Where an application does not provide the required information, it cannot be deemed complete, for the purposes of applying to PIAB (section 11 of the Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003 (as amended) or for the purposes of the statute of limitations (section 50 of Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003 (as amended).
For more information, please refer to:
- Latest forms are available on this website.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to us by telephone on 0818 829 121.