PIAB Independent Medical Panel
Any medical practitioner who wishes to apply to PIAB for inclusion on the Board’s independent medical panel should notify the Board in writing firstname.lastname@example.org or Business Support Services Manager, P.O. Box 9732, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 PXW0. Any notification for that purpose should include particulars of the practitioner’s qualifications and experience.
As a member of this panel, if you receive a request to carry out an independent medical examination we will require adherence to a specific service level agreement. PIAB is subject to prompt payments legislation which provides for payment of completed invoices within thirty days of receipt. If it is necessary to consult with a claimant’s treating doctor PIAB will undertake to pay the reasonable cost of the consultation.
For more information and all necessary forms, please visit Forms and guidelines.
General Guidance Notes for medical practitioners (non-panel doctors)
- Please complete a medical report on the PIAB template
- If you wish to submit a medical report to PIAB on behalf of a claimant please post it to PIAB, P.O. Box 8, Clonakilty, Co. Cork, P85 YH98
- The cost of examining a claimant at their request and supplying a report to PIAB is a matter between doctor and claimant
- To ensure prompt processing of a claimant’s application please ensure any medical report submitted to PIAB is typed, signed and dated
- It is in a claimant’s interests for you to consult with an PIAB independent doctor if requested to do so by that independent doctor. PIAB undertake to pay you the reasonable costs for the consultation
Any provider who wishes to apply to PIAB for inclusion on the Board's general provider panels should notify the Board in writing email@example.com or Business Support Services Manager, P.O. Box 9732, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 PXW0. Any notification for that purpose should include particulars of the provider's qualifications and experience. If you receive a request to carry out services we will require adherence to a specific service level agreement.
Queries or feedback for medical community
If you are a member of the medical community and have any queries or feedback please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information view the Frequently Asked Questions.